Tuesday, March 15, 2011

You Can't Miss: Games and Graphics in Augmented Reality

I'm in the process of thinking of a game to create to go with the special section The Missourian will be putting out next month. I'm one of two people working on graphics, and there's an emphasis on interactives this year. I'm really excited about it, and I was really excited to see this post on Made by Many. It's about how we can leverage games to make them do more than what they do on Facebook.

In the post, it's more about the psychology behind games, but it'll be interesting to see how I can turn it into something useful for news. One thing that really hit home was that games need to satisfy the PERMA rule: Positive Emotions, Relationships, Meaning and Accomplishment. If anyone has an idea about how to create some of this in a quiz, I'd love to hear it.

The blog Cool Infographics showcased a graphic given in a bit of a different style: augmented reality. Hans Rosling did this for a talk that illustrated the changes in quality of life over the past 200 years. Check it out! It's so cool to see innovations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment