Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Critique: Food challenge covers



With double production, this food challenge feature is running over Spring Break, but is being designed now. The idea is much like the Man v. Food tv show, so I wanted to find different ways to illustrate that idea.

The first one is pretty clear to get the concept, I think. My biggest problem with it right now is that I think it could also work as a cover for a story about obesity.

The second one is my favorite concept, with a man and food squaring off in the boxing ring. I'm not a fan of the typography, so if anyone has any suggestions on that, I'd appreciate it.

The third one is a man vs. the local food challenges. The story features four different food challenges around town, and I would like to photograph each of the four challenges and use them instead of the stock art I pulled.

1 comment:

  1. The food challenges covers were fun to look at last week in lab. I think if you played around more with the typography that it would spice up the covers. I'm excited to see what you put together for the second drafts.

    ReplyDelete