Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Critique: a graphic

I feel like I should be critiquing my first round of Cupboard designs, but all of the content is changing so much that I don't think it's worth it. They're adding a person, we're shooting photos and adding a lot of sidebars. So, instead, I offer a full-page graphic I'm working on for a special section for the Missourian.

It's basically a bunch of stats gleaned from the Census that people expect and should know about, but the editors didn't want to write a story about. I turned it into this idea of getting to know the type of people that make up Columbia. We are (mostly) young, female, single and possess a Bachelor's degree.

I'll be playing around with the colors so more to get a better feeling of dominance. I don't think I have enough room to really play around with graph sizes or more design features, so I'm going to have to use color, but I think it's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment