Wednesday, February 23, 2011

You Can't Miss: Q&A on completing an internship and Martha Stewart on the iPad

Over on Made by Many, their intern just left, and she had a good-bye post with some great advice. I think my favorite is about the process that they use user-feedback in creating their products. She says, "After six months at MxM I believe that their greatest successes come from their ability to build the thing quickly, get extremely valuable feedback from users and iterate upon it often. Feedback is used to inform future iterations. It's not about failing early, but rather about integrating learning as part of the process."

That's one thing I like about this class and that I'll miss out in the real world: the feedback that we get from everyone, so that we can integrate it into our designs.


At the Garcia Media blog, Mario Garcia talks about how Martha Stewart's food magazine, Everyday Food, is now on the iPad. For those of us designing food magazines for the prototype, it's a great place to start. I don't have an iPad, so I can't test it, but it apparently includes how-to videos, recipes and all sorts of other fun features.

No comments:

Post a Comment