Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Critique: Cupboard Department Page


After being critiqued during class yesterday, I decided to work on my department page first, mainly because I felt as if it needed the least amount of work. I completely reworked the ingredients portion so that it would take up less space, but people could still see what the food looked like.

I'm still not done with it, clearly, but I wanted to get some thoughts. Right now, the ingredients aren't taking up a full page. I'd like to re-arrange the food so that it takes up the entire page, mostly by making the ingredients taking up different amounts of space while still following a basic grid structure. Thoughts?

This is the big design project I'll be working on for quite some time.

3 comments:

  1. I like your second draft of the department spread. It looks nice how the ingredients are on one page. It's organized and easy to read. I think making the food different sizes will work well. Maybe design it so that there are 3 on one row, 5 on another and 2 on the last (or something like that). It might look nice for the design to be a little uneven. You're on a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a good start on your second redesign of this. I still think it could use some more inspiration and other design elements, but overall it's a great improvement from the last one. I like the consistency with the 10 ingredients 10 recipes it helps make everything cohesive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting story! It will definitely be easier to get all of those foods together once you have a better idea of what they're doing.

    ReplyDelete