Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Response: The September Issue

I was excited when Jan said we were watching The September Issue in class the other day. I've been wanting to see it, but haven't really made the time to see it. It was an enlightening look into the creation of an issue of a magazine.

I really like seeing the interaction between Grace and Anna. I felt like Grace was always a little more creative than Anna was comfortable with and Anna was constantly bringing her back in, but that Anna really respected Grace.

My favorite spread was the color-blocking spread because of the creativity shown, especially because it was shot on the fly. I also really like how she wouldn't let them Photoshop the guy's stomach. I thought it was interesting that the only perfect bodies she wanted were from the models. I thought the managing editor's reaction when she found out about the late shoot was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment