Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Critique: Mini-portfolio


I've been spending some time on my mini-portfolio this week, and this is what I've come up with for the cover.

A friend of mine told me to think of it like a cover letter, so I thought I'd use it to lead into the fact that I bake a lot and don't mind sharing with the newsroom. It also can serve as symbols for the two different things that are going into my mini-portfolio: the infographics and the design work I've done.

I don't particularly care for the illustration of the cake because I think it looks like a toilet paper roll, and the cookie doesn't really fit. So I think I'm going to repeat the images of the cupcake and the pie.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I am glad that I read your post before commenting, because I was going to ask about the TP. I also thought the cookie was some sort of globe at first. (I think you are right. With the thin lines, it doesn't really fit with the other illustrations.) No worries now though.

    I like that your illustrations are white. They stand out well on the dark background.

    ReplyDelete