Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Response: The semester

I can honestly say that this is one of the hardest semesters I've encountered in college, which is probably the way it's supposed to be, considering the grad school thing. But I think I've also learned a lot, and certainly worked on more things with so many different styles.

Designing for Vox was an interesting experience which was valuable in its own way for helping us get experience of designing for a magazine. The prototypes were a lot of fun, and I know that Cupboard came so, so far from the beginning. I think that was probably the best part of the semester, seeing how revisions can make something great, as well as how important it is to have the pieces before you start designing.

I also really appreciated the emphasis on our portfolio, mini-portfolio and websites. I think that will help us as we go out into the real world, and even for those of us who aren't going there quite yet, it's a good start for when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment