Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Critique: Spring Break photos and logo


For some odd reason, I can only post these two images. However, above is a peach dump cake, which is absolutely delicious despite how it looks and sounds. It's called dump cake because you dump in two cans of pie filling, a package of yellow cake mix and a stick of butter. Heat at 350 in the oven until bubbling. It's delicious. And also inspiration for anytime I'm just stuck.

This is my logo. It's a collection of Ninth St. signage. The S is from a stop sign, A from a movie poster in my living room (on Ninth St.), R from Starbucks, A from Kaldi's and H from Which wich. Surprisingly (to me anyway), H was the hardest to find. I really enjoyed this assignment because I had to actually think about which signs would work with the letters together. There was certain typography that's cool, but would not have worked with anything else, such as Shakespeare's.

1 comment:

  1. The dump cake sounds delicious! I love cooking and baking, so I'll have to try it. Your logo turned out nice. The Kaldi's A is my favorite. I bet it was fun to pick out letters on Ninth St. because there is so many fun options.

    ReplyDelete